Randy Chang is a PGA golf Professional and founder of the Aloha Academy of Golf in Hawaii and Southern California. With over 30 years of golf experience, he has been recognized by the PGA and golf industry with awards such as;
- 1995 SCPGA Junior Golf Leader of the Year
- 1998 SCPGA Section Merchandiser of the Year
- 2002 Aloha Section PGA Teacher of the Year
- 2003-2004 Top Teacher in the Aloha Section
- 2004 Nationally Recognized Teacher by Golf Digest
- 2005 Top Teachers in Southern California by Golf Magazine
- 2009 SCPGA Metro Teacher of the Year
- 2010 SCPGA Section Teacher of the Year
- 2015 SCPGA Youth Player Development Award
Randy was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. He later graduated from the University of Portland with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management & Philosophy. He played for his college golf team on scholarship for 3 years.
After college he turned professional and played on various mini tours in Southern California and Canada. Randy has worked within the golfing industry as a Head Professional, Director of Golf, General Manager, and Teaching Professional / Custom club fitter. His knowledge of the golf swing and his flexible style of teaching compliment each student’s specific goals and physical abilities. Randy’s goal is to make golf fun and keeping the swing simple. He believes that today’s technology and training techniques help to speed up the learning process for the student, which makes it more enjoyable and easier to comprehend.
Brandon Oh, PGA Head Coach
Brandon Oh has been a Head Coach at Randy Chang Junior Golf School since 2014
while building his teaching career such as;
- 2012 Professional Golfers Career
- 2013 Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Instructor & Junior Coach
- 2013 The Golfing Machine Authorized Instructor
- Assisted the video analysis specialist at PGCC for 2012 - 2014
- 2015 Master's Degree in Sports Management
- 2016 U.S. Kids Golf Certified Coach
- 2017 Elected to PGA Membership
- 2018 Owned an indoor golf practice&play facility(www.golfinteam.com)
Brandon Oh was born in Seoul, South Korea. He graduated from the Yonsei University in Korea with a bachelor's degree in Statistics and Business. He had worked at Samsung for 10 years as a Brand Manager. After falling in love with golf in his twenties, he decided to quit a highly stabilized job and moved to Temecula to enroll PGCC in 2011.
Even though he started a new career in his
thirties, he has been working hard more than anyone else to achieve
his dream of being a golf instructor who
understands, motivates and entertains amateur players. After graduating PGCC, he met Randy
Chang at Journey in 2012 and was fascinated by his teaching philosophy, swing easy and play better, and his expertise in
Now, he joins RCJGS coaching staff and teaches juniors by utilizing Randy's signature golf skills and takes a leading role in designing overall programs. He, personally, is the father of 2 little girls.
Calvin Maranville, PGA Assistant Coach
Calvin Maranville was born in Newport Beach California. In 1999, his family relocated to Temecula and has been living here ever since.
Calvin began showing interest in golf from the day he could hold a club, picking up golf, year around at the age of 12. After playing competitively for 8 years, he knew this was something he desired to make a career of, even if it meant not playing on tour.
He started working at his first golf course in 2012 and has been pursuing his passion of teaching the game of golf and seeing the transformation of his students. He has been giving junior golf instruction for about a year and a half and is also a coach for his second year of a junior league team. Calvin is elected to PGA Membership in 2018.